Villa Poggio is located only 25 minutes away from Florence, it is immersed in the Tuscan countryside and surrounded by a peaceful and silent environment. Its panoramic position overlooks the Vallombrosa hills.
The Villa consists of three units, the oldest of which was built in the 15th century. Well-equipped apartments of various sizes are situated near the park or by the swimming pool, around the Villa. These have recently been restored maintaining their charming country style but adding modern comforts.
What to do
The Villa has a lovely panoramic swimming pool overlooking the valley. There is one big pool and a smaller one for children or sunbathing. The pool area offers the chance to relax and enjoy the view while sunbathing as well as swimming on a Tuscan hillside.
Villa Poggio Tre Lune is surrounded by 3000sqm of luscious gardens.
A barbecue area is set in the orchard where a variety of fruit is seasonally available.
The views from the apartments and from the terraces onto the Arno river valley are extremely beautiful.
Swimming pool area
Near the swimming pool there is a small playpen with swings for children.
Our vegetable garden seasonally offers a wide range of organically and biodynamically grown vegetables and herbs that you can choose from. Just ask for a guided picking to have access to fresh, tasty produce for your meals.
What to do in the Chianti area
- Visit Florence, the birthplace of the Renaissance
- Go on a day-trip to Arezzo, Siena or Pisa (all 1h 15 minutes drive or less from the Villa)
- Situated only 5km (8 mins) away from the Villa is the famous Fashion Valley, comprising of a series of fashion outlets with boutiques of all the main maisons (Gucci, Ferragamo, Armani, Yves Saint Laurent and so on).
- The Valdisieve and the Valdarno areas are usually unknown to tourists but full of attractions such as:
- The Chianti Rufina and Pomino wine-tasting routes;
- Vallombrosa Abbey(12th century);
- The medieval village of San Gimignano and the Siena hillsides;
- The forest of La Consuma (around 1000 mt above sea-level);
- The Casentino forests National Park
In the nearby forests it is possible to go trekking, riding, hiking and mountain biking, as well as bird watching and star gazing.
For the last 30 years the 104 hectares Poggio Tre Lune farm has been directly managed by the owners strictly using organic and biodynamic methods.
Seasonal fruit and vegetables are always available in the Villa and tastings of our own organic products (wine, pasta, olive oil, vegetables, fruit, herbs) as well as other typical Tuscan foods, are organized on request.
These tastings constitute a complete meal based on the products for the whole family or group of friends, to be served on the panoramic terrace or in your own apartment.
Close by, in the villages of Pontassieve or Rignano (10 and 3 minutes by car), you have access to all the main facilities: supermarkets, shops, banks, typical restaurants, railway stations (with frequent connections to Pisa, Arezzo, Florence central station) and so on.